ESG Knowledge & Know-how Technical Workshops for Legal resources
Verena Charvet for Merlys – 28 March 2022
These sessions are aimed at legal staff and are delivered as a bespoke course for a whole in-house team and as public courses for a collection of individuals who represent different organisations (for more information about our courses, click here)
Content & Format
All Technical workshops can be tailored to provide a series of helpful and bespoke knowledge-building sessions for the time-poor legal teams in your organisation.
We also offer the opportunity for participants to buy a seat at the table with other individuals from the industry, in order to gain knowledge, share ideas and ask questions of their peers and the Merlys consultants. (see how to book or find out more at the end of this document)
About your Course Tutor
Before ESG and ‘greenwashing’ were recognised terms, our MD, Verena Charvet, ensured that clients were not creating products that were inadvertently non-compliant. She is used to talking to product developers as well as fund boards and helping them with articulating their product intentions, both as a lawyer in private practice and as in-house legal counsel of large asset management companies.
Most notably, over the last 7 years, Verena and her team have provided invaluable support leading up to SFDR and EU Taxonomy regulations coming into force:
- The Merlys team reviewed products in relation to the SFDR legislation and ensured that clients weren’t going to get caught out by the new regulations and find that their funds were identified as greenwashing.
- As a trusted partner, Merlys ensured clients applied the relevant rules to their product, shared best practices for drafting the fund documents and – throughout the product development process – assessed and reviewed to make sure the fund would be compliant.
Part 1: Fund documentation
- This workshop will help attendees enhance their understanding of regulatory requirements.
- It is a means to ensure that the in-house team’s familiarity with their products does not lead to lack of awareness of how the product may appear to investors and other third parties.
- Verena and team review one of your standard template(s) to check that the descriptions, investment policies and objectives match what you have set out to achieve and what you’re telling the FCA you are expecting to achieve. This review can then be used as a live ‘case study’.
Duration: 40-60 minutes
Part 1: ESG Regulations – what elements are you required to meet?
We’ll help you/your staff understand the basic requirements of
- Taxonomy Regulations
- FCA Handbook Rules
- Merlys MD, Verena Charvet, takes a high-level walk-through of relevant current ESG regulations and proposes ways to address how to meet the requirements in the most efficient and effective way.
Duration: 40-60 minutes
Part 2: ESG Reporting – what requirements for SFD/SFRD are relevant to you?
This session will assist you/your staff with understanding the reporting requirements of SFD/SFRD and whether they are all relevant to your business.
- Verena and her team discuss a series of points that will support what actions need to be taken, by whom, and offer you possible solutions if you consider there are potential gaps in your coverage.
Duration: 40-60 minutes delivered online
Booking and Prices
- Bespoke Courses for your Team are created and priced according to your firm’s specific objectives. Call us to discuss +44(0)20 7821 0191
- Generic Courses on our Public Workshop: Book your seat for just £150+VAT per person | Booking a place is easy – email us to find out the next date and well book you in: email@example.com
… We run Product Workshops too… for your Product and Legal resources. Take a look at the course content here
… Merlys also offers a variety of advisory and practical ESG-focused solutions: Click here to read more – or here to view our website.
Get Started Now:
Call us to talk about running a course for your firm on +44(0)20 7821 0191
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions/queries; want to book or to know dates or to for our next public course
Verena Charvet MBA,
Managing Director at Merlys Consulting
Contact/Call us at Merlys | +44 (0)20 7821 0191
Follow us: Merlys: https://www.linkedin.com/company/merlys/
This briefing note is intended to act as general guidance. Merlys is happy to assist with any aspect of the content in this article, as it relates to your business.